AIMS & OBJECTIVE :
IIRS & R was established with two main objectives, namely, rehabilitation of the person with disabilities and human resources development at par with international standards. Institution in India at present are mostly focusing on specialization in one area of rehabilitation. At IIRS & R, we are providing rehabilitation in the field of Speech and Hearing, Physiotherapy and Special Education under one roof. The second objective is to strive to promote quality education in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology, Physiotherapy and Special Education. The institute also undertakes various outreach programs at community level like conducting camps to identify individuals with special needs, creating public awareness by organizing road shows and providing free services to clients belonging to poor socioeconomic background. In addition to providing services to the differently-abled persons in need of effective care and rehabilitation and manpower development, the institute undertakes research for providing better clinical services, increasing the knowledge data base and developing innovative and cost-effective techniques in the field of rehabilitation. In a nutshell, the aims and objectives of IIRS & R are as follows
- To promote programmes aimed at rehabilitation of persons with disabilities (PWD)
- Generating human resources in the field of rehabilitation at par with international standards.
- To render utmost service to the differently-able persons in need of effective care & treatment.
- To undertake research and develop innovative and cost effective techniques in the field of rehabilitation
- To conduct various camps and render rehabilitation services at the community level.